Friday, September 17, 2010

Used and Forgotten - Prabal Mallick


Title - Used and Forgotten
Size - 18 inch x 12 inch
Medium - Watercolor on paper
Year - 2009
Status - Available

The title of the painting explains the painting completely. I had made it as a metaphor to almost everything that is 'used and forgotten' including human beings. This was at display in the last exhibition in July this year. A gentleman took a lot of time at this painting and came to me and congratulated me. And then he discussed about it for sometime from which I could gather that he had understood the intended metaphor in the painting. I was indeed very happy because I knew there is at least one person who understood the thought process behind this painting. Well now you also know. :)

5 comments:

  1. Very apt title..the painting is very good, too.I like the hues you put on the walls behind the bicyle.The make them look old and worn out but at the same time, provide color in this bare cityscape.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with it, linking to the ugly truth that lingers with humans at times..I feel this bike still has a life and I feel sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a subject worth pondering and a great title too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work...
    good portrayal of life which goes on and on without caring much about the good old days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours Prabal . Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete