Monday, January 20, 2014

Vishwajyoti: White Indian Lotus

Hi! This is my first post on this blog. I am a self-taught artist based in Pondicherry, India. I have been painting for over fifteen years now. I first began with the airbrush, then moved on to oils. Except for an occasional small work here and there, I was always very timid working with watercolors since I found the medium difficult to handle. About 3 years ago I was commissioned  to do 15 florals by Larson&Toubro for their yearly wall calendar, and they wanted the paintings in watercolors. This forced me take up watercolors more seriously. After that there has been no looking back. I have fallen in love with the medium and enjoy experimenting with it.

http://www.vishwajyoti.com/gallery2/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=231
                                                     
"White Indian Lotus"
Watercolor on Fabriano paper
20 x 28 inches
Available

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work,thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's so translucent and elegant! It's glowing!
    Good Work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice work .....I am an artist and live in Pondicherry. can I contact you . my mail id is hntrivedi6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice work .....I am an artist and live in Pondicherry. can I contact you . my mail id is hntrivedi6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete