Sunday, June 3, 2018

Rhythm Des Fleurs and Rosa

I am here after a long time. These two sets of paintings are travelling to far shores to be exhibited in a small show and am I excited! 



 Rhythme Des Fleurs


My connection with Indian Classical Music is known to most and it has largely crept into my artwork and way of living. When I was asked to exhibit what I think constitutes me, what more could I think than music and flowers! Each bouquet here is vying for space along with each piece of a set of Tablas ( Indian percussion instruments used for accompaniment in  Indian Classical Music). The tablas are a very important part in North Indian Classical music. They determine complex math which correspond to each note of a rendition and  are often responsible for making or marring a performance. I am lucky to have a set at home, belonging to my Guruji and this is not the first time I have made these serious set of instruments pose for my art! The tablas are a formidable set of instruments for every classical singer - a source of delight as well as fear for the possibility of missing a beat and spoiling the whole performance! All in all, they are the most sought after apparatus in music!        


Rosa 1 and 2
These abstract flowers represent the complexity of life. We exist among so many dynamics, but yet we make a beautiful presentation of it!  

2 comments: